Boiled cabbage leaves stuffed with ground meat and barley (or rice) cooked in tomato sauce or broth.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion divided
- 2 28- ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper divided
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 2 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cooked white rice
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the 1 cup onions to the pot and cook until softened, approximately 8 minutes.
Please continue to Next Page (>) for the full cooking instructions.