30 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup :
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion , diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper , diced
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce (passata)
- 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 7 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (or use canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cups tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- 2 medium avocados , diced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in onion and bell pepper and saute 5 minutes. Add in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika and toast for 60 seconds.
- Pour in chicken broth, add in chicken breasts, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cooked chicken from soup, shred with a fork, and return to the pot.
- Pour in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, green chiles, and corn. Return soup to a simmer and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt, to taste. Serve hot, topped with tortilla strips, diced avocado, cheese, and sour cream.