Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
How to make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
– 2-4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
– 2-4 slices Swiss or Mozzarella cheese
– Garlic powder (to taste)
– Onion powder (to taste)
– Paprika (to taste)
– Italian seasoning (to taste)
– Salt and black pepper
– 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
– 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs (optional)
– Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
– Place chicken breast between resealable freezer bag on counter top. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch.
– Sprinkle each side with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
– Place 4 spears of asparagus down the center of a chicken breast, then place cheese on top
– Repeat with the other chicken breast, and roll the chicken around the asparagus and cheese to make a roll. Tie rolls with string or use toothpicks.
– Place the rolls seam sides down in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
– Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 25 minutes.