- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ¾ cup cooked chopped bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (32-oz) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (10.75-oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (16-oz) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, tater tots, cheese soup, and sour cream. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until bubbly.
Can substitute turkey bacon.
Can use low-fat sour cream.
Can make casserole in advance and refrigerate or freeze for later.
To bake casserole after refrigerating, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
To bake the casserole after freezing, thaw completely and bake as directed above.
To reheat the casserole after freezing, thaw completely. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350ºF for 30 to 40 minutes, until heated through.