Baked Ziti with Shrimp
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti (short tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
Step 1 Preheat oven to 400°.
Step 2 Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
Step 3 Combine hot water, roasted red bell peppers, and cream cheese in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides.
Step 4 Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add salt, shrimp, scallops, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp and scallops are almost done. Add pepper mixture to pan; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pasta and parsley to shrimp mixture, tossing well to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts; remove from oven.
Step 5 Preheat broiler.
Step 6 Return dish to oven; broil 2 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.