– Yes, yes! Beef and Cheese Chimichangas! -It’s a deep fried burrito full of meat and cheese. Awesome!!! I can’t wait to share with you all my favorite Beef and Cheese Chimichangas recipes.
– 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef
– 1 Can refried beans
– ½ Medium onion chopped
– 2 tsp. Minced garlic
– 2 tsp. Chili powder
– 1 tsp. Cumin
– ½ tsp. Oregano
– (10) 10 inch flour tortillas
– 24 oz. Tomato sauce
– 4 oz. Diced green chilis in a can
– 4 oz. Chopped jalapenos in a can
– 1 ½ C. Shredded taco blend cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Oil for frying
– Add the ground beef to a skillet over medium high heat on the stove. Cook until the meat is completely browned, and drain off the excess liquid.
– Place the beans, onion, minced garlic, ½ cup of the tomato sauce chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt and pepper to taste into the skillet with the meat. Cook for another 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring to combine the ingredients well.
– Heat the tortillas up in the microwave until they are warm.
– Place about an inch of oil into the bottom of a deep sided skillet, and heat over medium high heat on the stove.
– Put an even amount of filling into the center of the 10 tortillas. Fold one end of the tortillas over the filling, tuck in the ends of the tortilla, and then roll it closed to form a packet. Secure the packet closed with a toothpick.
– Place the filled chimichangas into the heated oil, and fry until browned and crispy on both sides. This will not take long, so keep an eye on them.
– Drain the excess grease from the chimichangas by allowing them to cool on a paper towel lined tray.
– Pour the rest of the tomato sauce, the green chilis and the jalapeno peppers into a saucepan over medium heat on the stove, and heat the sauce until warm. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
– Ladle the sauce over the finished chimichangas, top with shredded cheese and serve.