Beer Battered Lobster Lollipops
- 5 lobster tails
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBS Old Bay
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 Mexican lager, room temperature
- Oil for frying
- Old Bay Crema:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 TBS Old Bay seasoning
- To make the sauce: combine all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Remove shell from lobster. Use kitchen scissors to cut down the centre of the front and back of the shell and carefully remove the lobster tails. Pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, paprika, Old Bay and season with salt and pepper. Slowly pour in the beer until the mixture resembles a thick pancake batter.
- Heat frying oil to 375 degrees F.
- Dredge the lobster tails in the batter covering completely. Fry in oil 2 minutes a side if not fully submerged. Fry until crispy and golden and remove to a wire rack with drip tray or paper towel.
- Insert wooden skewer into the fried lobsters to create lollipops. Cut the skewers length if needed.
- Serve drizzled with Old Bay crema, lots of chopped chives and lemon wedges on the side.