Heavenly…This 🍓 pie is quick and easy to make, and you only need a few simple ingredients for this pie. Plus, I always decorate this incredible strawberry pie with whipped cream, cherries or any other favorite fruit, and with goodness and healing.
– 5 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced in half
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1 tspn of starch
– 1 tspn of salt
– 1 glass of milk
– 1 cup of white flour
– Small spoon of salt
– 1 quarter cup of sugar
– 1 cup of unsalted butter, cut into suitable pieces
– 1/2 cup of cold water
– Vegetable oil
– 1 little vanilla (optional)
– 2 large egg yolks
1. To prepare strawberry pie dough, you should first add salt, sugar, vanilla and unsalted butter to the flour, then you may add vegetable oil and cold water gradually until a soft and cohesive dough is made.
2. Next add egg yolks separately, and knead again until the dough becomes firm.
3. Make sure to place the dough in the refrigerator until ready to knead and easy to spread.
4. It’s wise to take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow it to cool slightly( Because if too cold until, it will become elastic.)
5. You can now roll the pie dough in an oven tray and press it well to have a suitable diameter of not more than 10 inches. Immediately remove the excess edges of the dough and then cover with a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator again to cool for five minutes.
6. Once done, make another bowl and place the sliced strawberries, starch, sugar and a pinch of salt, while stirring these ingredients well.
7. Then place Strawberries on the surface of the pie dough, with attention to decorating the edges with a stick.
8. Finally, place the strawberry pie in the oven to cook at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, about half an hour.
9. It’s time to remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle with a little sugar, taking into account making four holes in the pie with a fork or knife, for the purpse of making crevices through which steam escapes to avoid the pie exploding during baking.
* Bear in mind that when you put the pie in the oven, please place on a high temperature, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes more.
*Now that the pie is golden brown, you can remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.