If you like Frisch’s Big Boy/Shoneys classic pie, you’ll fall in love with this strawberry pie..It tastes even better and uses only 6 basic ingredients and a pre-made pie crust!
– Fresh strawberries: 5 Cups ( sliced into halves)
– Sugar: 1/2 Cup
– Corns-starch: 1 t.
– Salt.: 1 t
– Milk: A glass
#FOR THE DOUGH:
– Egg yolks: 2 large
– Unsalted butter: 1 Cup (cut into suitable pieces)
– White flour: 1 Cup
– Cold water: 1/2 Cup
– Sugar: 1/4 Cup
– Salt: 1 t
– Pure vanilla: 1 t
– Canola oil.
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. To prepare strawberry pie dough, you should add the salt, sugar, vanilla extract, and unsalted butter to the flour. You can then added the canola oil and cold water, gradually, until a smooth and cohesive dough is made.
2. Make sure to whisk in the egg yolks separately, kneading until the dough is firm again.
3. the dough should be put in the fridge until it’s ready for kneading and easy to spread.
4. Remove from the fridge and permit it cooled slightly.
5. Roll the pie dough into an oven tray and press it well to have an acceptable diameter of not more than 10 inches. And please remove the dough’s excess edges instantly. After that, cover it with a plastic wrap and place it back in the refrigerator to cool for about 5 mins.
6. At this point, you need to make another bowl. You’ll want to put in the sliced strawberries, cornstarch, sugar, and a pinch of salt and stir well.
7. Immediately place strawberries on the top of the pie dough, taking into account a stick to decorate the sides.
8. Then place the strawberry pie in oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit in and cook for 30 minutes.
9. The last step is to take the pie from the oven and dust it with a little sugar. Make four holes in the pie with a fork or knife, so to create cracks from which steam escapes to keep the pie from burning during baking.