- 1 (30 oz.) package frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spread hashbrowns in an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne. Pour over hashbrowns.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese, all of the bacon, then the remaining cheese. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, then remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until center is set and a knife inserted in the casserole comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.