How to make Cheesy Hashbrown Soup
– 1 (30 oz.) bag frozen shredded hash browns
– 1 (10 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, plus more for serving
– 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
– Croutons, garnish
– Crumbled bacon, garnish, optional
– Combine chicken broth and hash browns in a large pot or Dutch oven over high heat and bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat to medium and stir in chicken soup, cheddar cheese and onion powder.
– Season generously with salt and pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes.
– Stir in sour cream and cream cheese and cook until completely incorporated, then blend everything together (or leave as is).
– Transfer to serving bowls and serve topped with oregano, croutons and more cheese.