Potato cakes that are made with leftover mashed potatoes. These lovely Cheesy Mashed Potato Cakes that are soft from the inside, but golden and crispy from the outside!
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Boil the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher adding a pinch of salt and a bit of butter. Chill in the fridge until no longer warm.
- Add one egg, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped herbs like scallions, one clove of garlic (crushed).
- Mix all ingredients together and then divide into mixture into 100 gm portions each.
- Roll each portion into a ball then flatten it into a cake of about a 1.5-inch-thick.
- Lightly dredge each cake in cornstarch and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Transfer the cakes to a towel-lined plate and serve hot.
Tip: Use a cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes before cooking if you’re making these potato cakes for your little ones!
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 18.5mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 5.3mg