A super delicious and EASY Mexican recipe – full of all your favorite fajitas flavors, but in a cheesy casserole. Yum. This chicken fajita bake can be made in one pan from stovetop to oven.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breasts cut into 1″ to 2″ pieces
- 4 bell peppers, sliced (vary the colors to make it pretty!)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 recipe of our: Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix, or 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- optional: garnish with avocado or guacamole, sour cream, salsa. For spicy lovers add heat with hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Over medium heat, saute the chicken in olive oil until chicken is done. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
- Add chicken back to pan and stir in taco seasoning, sour cream, and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.