- 1 cup (240 mL) Coca Cola
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) butter
- 3 Tablespoons (21 grams) cocoa
- 2 cups (400 grams) sugar
- 2 cups (240 grams) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a saucepan, mix Coca Cola, oil, butter and cocoa and bring to a boil.
3. In a stand mixer bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda and 4. Pour the boiled Cola mixture into the flour mixture and mix well on medium low speed.
5. Add the eggs, buttermilk, soda and vanilla and continue to beat well.
6. Pour mixture into a greased and cocoa-ed 13″ x 9″ baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Cool and slice in 1″- 2″ slices for freezing.
8.Freeze slices until frozen solid.
COKE BOTTLE SHAPED CAKE
- Coca-Cola cake
- Vanilla buttercream
- Melted chocolate
- 2 L Coca-Cola bottle
1. Remove label and liquid from bottle.
2. Using a sharp knife or scissors, careful slice and remove a segment of plastic from the bottle.
3. Coat the inside of the bottle with 2-3 layers of chocolate. Allow to harden in between each layer.
4. Once chocolate has hardened, coat inside in buttercream.
5. Place cake slices into the bottle, and add more buttercream. Continue adding cake and buttercream until the bottle is full.
6.To fill the opening, cover with additional melted chocolate and allow to harden.
7.To remove cake from the plastic, use a sharp knife to slice and remove it carefully by segments.
8. To reattach the label and lid, “glue” it on with melted chocolate
9. Serve cake when desired. Store in the fridge. Cake is best consumed within 2-3 days.