- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Or Larger
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Citrus Press Juicer
- Blender or
- Food Processor
- Wooden Spoon
- Pint Sized Canning Jars or
- Freezer Containers
- 5 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Medium Lemon (Zested And Juiced)
- Add fresh blueberries to the pitcher of a blender or the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add pureed blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and lemon zest to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- Prop lid of slow cooker up with a wooden spoon or other heat-safe kitchen utensil to allow excess liquid to evaporate.
- Continue cooking on LOW for an additional 4 to 5 hours checking on the blueberry butter every hour or so to see how thick it is.
- Blueberry butter is done when it mounds nicely on a spoon and does not easily run off the spoon.
- Once thickened, Ladle blueberry butter into a 1-pint canning jar or food storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.02g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.4mg