- 1 pound ground beef use a lean cut like 90/10
- ⅓ cup water
- 5 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder or minced onion
- In a medium skillet over medium heat combine the ground beef and water.
- Make sure to constantly break up the ground beef while it is cooking. You want it as fine as possible.
- Drain off any remaining water/grease.
- Add the beef to your slow cooker.
- Next, add all the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Let cook on LOW 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Serve on hot dogs, french fries, or burgers!
Use a low fat ground beef both for flavor & to keep grease at a minimum (I like sirloin).
Serve with toppings like shredded cheese, minced onion, jalapenos, or mustard.
If you prefer to cook it stovetop, follow the same directions but leave it in a skillet on the stove over medium heat, simmering for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If the chili becomes too thick, you can thin with water or additional ketchup.
Serving: 1gCalories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 10gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 463mgPotassium: 291mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 306IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 2mg