– This delicious Chicken Fried Rice with Yum Yum Sauce is like having authentic chicken fried rice in your own kitchen. This delicious and healthy dinner is perfect for your Chinese food cravings. So easy to make and absolutely fabulous, you have to try this recipe.
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
– ½ cup onion diced
– ½ cup carrots diced
– ½ cup frozen peas no need to thaw
– 2 eggs
– 3 cups cooked white rice
– 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
– ½ cup soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sesame oil, onions, and carrots; sauté until the carrots and onions are starting to become tender.
– Add the peas to the pan and stir well.
– In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan, then pour the eggs onto the other side of the pan. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are fully cooked, stir into the vegetables.
– Add the rice and chicken; mix well.
– Add the soy sauce then stir into the fried rice.
– Add the butter and stir the rice until the butter is melted.
– Season the fried rice with salt and pepper if desired.
– Serve the right hot with “yum-yum sauce.”