- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ large Vidalia onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Green onion
- Prepare your rice according to package directions. Set this aside. This is a handy recipe if you happen to have rice leftover from a previous meal. You can also choose to make your rice in an Instant Pot or use frozen already cooked rice!
- In a large skillet or wok, preheat your oil over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally to keep the garlic from burning. Add peas and carrots and cook until partially thawed 1-2 minutes. You’ll need to adjust this time if you use fresh veggies.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add cooked rice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until rice is nice and hot and starts to brown.
- Reduce heat and push the rice to the sides of the pan, making a hole in the middle for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the middle of the pan and scramble them in the center of the pan.
- Once the eggs are cooked, stir them into the rice. Mix soy sauce and sesame oil together and pour over rice. Stir until rice is evenly coated with sauce.
To serve, you can top your fried rice with chopped green onions or you could also use cilantro or parsley as an additional garnish.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 810mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2429IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg