With just a handful of ingredients, you can enjoy crispy, fried funnel cakes any time of the year at home, So let’s get started !!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
– All-purpose flour: 2 cups
– Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
– Sugar: 1/4 teaspoon
– Salt: 1 teaspoon
– Eggs: 2
– Milk: 1 cups
– Water: 1/2 cup
– Butter : 2 tablespoons (melted)
– Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
– Confectioners’ sugar: 1/4 cup *Opt
– Strawberry syrup *Opt
– Chocolate syrup *Opt
– Fresh fruit (For garnish)
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. First, adjust the temperature of your deep fryer, electric skillet, or deep-sided open skillet to 365 F then sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, also salt and set aside.
2. Next, combine together the eggs, milk, water, butter, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
4. You’ll want to add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, and beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and lump-free. The trick is that the consistency should be thin.
5. Then you need to place a finger over the bottom opening of a funnel, and fill the funnel with 1/2 to 2/3 cup of batter.
6. The funnel should be hold close to the surface of the oil (it shouldn’t touch the surface).
7. Once done, remove your finger and Make sure to pour the batter into the oil making continuous circles of different sizes.
8. Always remember to fry until light golden brown on one side. You can then turn the cake over using tongs, frying for an additional 45 seconds.
9. At this point, you should pull the cake out of the fryer and place it on a paper towel-lined plate.
10. If deisred, you may want to sprinkle with sifted confectioners’ sugar and/or drizzle with strawberry or chocolate sauce. I always add fresh fruit right before serving.