Grilled Lemon Garlic Pork Chops
- 4-6 Pork Chops (I used bone in center cut pork chops)
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons) + a little zest
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (oregano, rosemary, basil or thyme will work as well)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce (I use low sodium)
Instructions for Grill:
- In a medium bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and soy sauce together. Pour marinade over pork chops in a large zip top bag or covered baking dish and place in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Remove chops from bag, and transfer remaining marinade to a saucepan. Bring marinade to a boil, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Grill pork chops for 3 minutes per side on high heat, move to low heat side basting frequently with boiled marinade, until done when the juices run clear or register at 145 on a thermometer. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Instructions for Stove top:
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and let heat up, but not smoke.
- Shake off or pat pork chops with paper towel to remove excess marinade. Place pork chops in skillet and cook about 4 minutes then turn and let cook till internal temperature of 145 or the juices run clear. Let rest about 5 minutes before serving.
Instructions for oven:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat a heavy oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and let heat up, but not smoke.
- Shake off or pat pork chops with paper towel to remove excess marinade. Sear each side of chops for at least a couple minutes on each side (until brown on both sides, for flavor and color then)
- Transfer to oven and cook until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees or the juices runs clear, about 25 minutes for a thick pork chop.