°steaks (butcher’s shop) or frozen 4
° curly heart 200 g
° cave mushrooms 500 g
° chervil 10 branches
°potatoes for fries 600 g
° shallots 2
°red onions 0.5
° garlic 1 slices
° light cream 1.5 dl
°butter 3 tbsp. soup
° dry white wine 1.5 dl
° olive oil 3 tbsp. soup
° sherry vinegar 2 tbsp. soup
° bay leaf 1 leaf
°black pepper (ground)
– Thaw frozen steaks on the surface and wipe them dry.
– Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
– Chop the shallots and garlic.
– Chop the chervil leaves.
– Peeled potatoes also cutting them into 1 cm thick fries. Rinse them under cold water and pat them dry.
– Cut the half red onion into thin rings and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. Sherry vinegar.
– Mix the rest of the vinegar with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
– Salt & pepper steaks on both sides.
*Preparation (25 mins)
1 Pre-cook the fries portion by portion for 3 to 4 minutes in a fryer at 140°C. Make sure all the fries are fully submerged (so don’t overcook any at once).
Drain them on a paper towel.
2 Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp. butter in skillet also sauté shallots and garlic to translucent.
3 Add the mushrooms, bay leaf and thyme, and cook for a few minutes. Add the white wine and continue cooking over high heat for a few minutes. Sprinkle with light cream and let reduce slightly.
4 Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp. butter in a skillet and sear the steaks on both sides. Extend the cooking according to your taste. Remove the meat from the pan and let it rest under aluminum foil.
5 Raise the temperature of the fryer to 180°C and brown the fries. Drain them on absorbent paper to make them crispy.
6 Remove the bay leaf and thyme from the mushroom sauce and add the chopped chervil. Salt and pepper.
7 Decorate the frisee salad with the vinaigrette and the red onion rings