– This Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Soup is a delicious blend of cabbage, ham, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery that is both comforting and satisfying!
– 1 large onion chopped
– 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
– 2 celery ribs chopped
– 1 ½ cups green cabbage roughly chopped
– 1 ½ cups ham chopped
– 1 ½ cups potatoes roughly chopped
– 4 ½ cups chicken broth or stock, low sodium
– 1 bay leaf
– ½-1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar to taste
– 1 teaspoon dried parsley
– ½ teaspoon thyme
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon pepper
– Cut up the onion, carrot, celery, cabbage, ham, and potatoes, and put them in the Instant Pot.
– Mix the chicken broth with the bay leaf, balsamic vinegar, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and pour the liquid over the cabbage and ham mixture. Give everything a good stir.
– Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the knob to seal.
– Set the Instant Pot to cook on “meat/stew” for 15 minutes.
– Once the timer goes off, do a natural release for 15 minutes.
– Remove the lid and remove the bay leaf. Serve immediately.
Notes:– You can use any type of ham, but I wouldn’t recommend thin sliced deli ham. It needs to be able to stand up to pressure cooking.