- ▢16 frozen meatballs or homemade below
- ▢2 cups pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- ▢4 hoagie rolls
- ▢4 tablespoons garlic butter
- ▢1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
Meatballs (or use frozen meatballs if preferred)
- ▢1 pound lean ground beef
- ▢1 egg
- ▢½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ▢½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ▢½ teaspoon onion powder
- ▢salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare meatballs as directed on package or for homemade meatballs, combine all meatball ingredients.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place cooked meatballs in a saucepan with pasta sauce and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread garlic butter inside each roll. Heat broiler and broil rolls until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange rolls in a 9×13 baking dish. Place 4 meatballs in each roll and top with a little bit of sauce and cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional sauce for dipping if desired.