This classic pecan pie recipe is rich and sinfully sweet. It’s packed with flavors of caramelized pecans, molasses and vanilla.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour, twice sifted
- ½ tsp (2.5g) salt
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (62ml) milk
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250ml) light or dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups (170g) pecans (chopped or halves)
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (62ml) chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F and arrange a rack in the lower third of the oven. Set aside a 9″ pie plate.
- Sift the flour twice, then whisk in the salt and create a well in the center.