– Cheesy Skillet Shrimp & Tortellini made with jumbo shrimp combined with cheese tortellini in a cheesy tomato basil Alfredo sauce.
– As you all know I don’t eat seafood, not even shrimp, but every once in a while I’ll add it into our weekly meals to give my family some variety. Last week, I was under the weather so most of my meals consisted of soup.
– Towards the tail end of the week, I started to feel a little better and finally got up enough energy to actually make a meal for my family. They had been living off of frozen leftovers and whatever else they could find and make quickly (a.k.a. they ate a lot of soup too!).
– I decided it was a good day to use the frozen shrimp I had and since I had purchased some tortellini when it was on sale recently.
– 1 lb. Cheese Tortellini
– 1 lb. Jumbo Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
– 2 tbsp. Butter
– 1 Plum Tomato, diced
– 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
– 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
– 2 tsp. Prepared Horseradish
– 1 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
– 1/2 c. Heavy Cream
– 1/4 c. Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
– Kosher Salt, to taste
– Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1) Cook the tortellini according to package directions; drain.
2) Add the butter to a large skillet and cook the shrimp until almost cooked through; approximately 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the tomato, basil, garlic and horseradish and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and is white/pink and not clear.
4) Stir in the flour; then add the heavy cream and cheese. Mix well; then add the cooked tortellini and stir until all coated. Sprinkle with extra cheese and chopped basil for garnish.