- 1 lb Angus Steak or Boneless Beef Tri tip (cut into cubes)
- 1 lb Large Shrimp (Peeled & deveined)
- 1 C Red & Green Bell Peppers
- 1 C Chicken Broth or water
- 2 tsp Jerk Seasoning (see Notes)
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning (see Notes)
- 1 tsp Salt & Cracked Black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Honey
- 1 T Butter
- 1 T Oil
- Yellow Rice… Use Mahatma!
- Heat oil in a large pan over Med High heat. Add steak. Cook undisturbed for 3 mins. Gently flip in pan until browned on all sides, abt 7-8 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Season shrimp with Jerk & Creole Seasonings. Blend well. Color should begin to turn red. Add butter to pan then add shrimp. Cook for 1 min each side. Add honey. Cook an additional 1 min. Remove. Shrimp will finish cooking last step.
- In same pan add bell peppers. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir frequently to keep from burning. Add steak and shrimp back to pan. Toss to blend.
- Add broth/water and all remaining seasonings. Lower heat to Med Low and let simmer to enhance the flavor. Serve over white or yellow rice. Sprinkle green onions, black pepper and/or Cilantro. Done!
- Jerk Seasoning: 1 T Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Red Chili Pepper Flakes, 2 tsp of each; Cayenne Pepper, Dried Thyme, Onion Powder, Dried Parsley, All Spice, Paprika, Crushed Red Pepper, 1/8 tsp Salt, Ground Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- Creole Seasoning: 1 1/2 T Paprika, 1/8 T Thyme, 1 tsp Black Pepper, Oregano, Basil & Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, White Pepper and 1/2 T Finely crushed Red Pepper Flake