– Mac and Cheese Balls are the PERFECT comfort food that is crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. They are the BEST finger food that can be enjoyed at a party, or game day!
– 1 pound leftover mac and cheese (chilled – I used On-Cor Macaroni and Cheese entrée)
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
– 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (or more)
– 2 eggs
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 2 cups bread crumbs
– Oil (for frying)
– Refrigerate the mac and cheese for 3-4 hours before using in this recipe.
– Add it to a large bowl, and mix with the shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese. If the texture is still a bit runny, add more cheese of choice.
– The mac and cheese should be firm and consistent enough to easily roll into balls.
– In a medium bowl add beaten eggs and set aside, in another one add breadcrumbs and set aside.
– Using a scoop, roll out about 15 balls.
– Whisk eggs and milk into a medium bowl.
– Next, dip each ball in the egg wash and then dredge in breadcrumbs, coat evenly. Place on a parchment paper-lined cutting board and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
– Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
– Then, add the balls to the Dutch oven and cook for about 4 minutes, until evenly golden and crispy.
– After that, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
– Serve immediately with marinara sauce for dipping.