- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 21 ounce can blueberry pie filling
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- lemon slices, optional garnish
- Add heavy whipping cream to a mixer bowl and beat at low speed for about 2 minutes, raise to medium-high speed and continue to whip until it starts to thicken. Add powdered sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Divide sweetened whipped cream, 2 cups for the filling and the remainder for layering.
- Add softened cream cheese to the mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until whipped, about 1 ½- 2 minutes.
- Add blueberry pie filling, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Continue to beat until well combined.
- Fold in 2 cups of reserved whipped cream until thoroughly combined.
- Fill pastry bags with blueberry filling and another with the remaining sweetened whipped cream.
- Layer into 5 oz dessert glasses or small bowls: blueberry filling, whipped cream, blueberries and repeat.
- Garnish with more blueberries and a slice of lemon if desired.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
To Make a Pie: Prepare according to directions. Fill a prepared 9 inch graham cracker crust. Top with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with fresh blueberries and lemon slices. Chill 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Variation: Add a layer of crushed graham crackers into the dessert glasses if desired.
Pie Filling: Any flavor of pie filling can be substituted.