– A no bake graham cracker crust filled with bananas, chocolate peanut butter ganache, homemade vanilla pudding and whipped cream, topped with peanut butter cups, chocolate shavings and salted peanuts — the best banana cream pie you’ll ever have!
– 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/2 cup melted butter
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup cream
– 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
– 1 cup half and half
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon corn starch
– 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 2 bananas sliced
– Whipped cream, extra bananas, mini peanut butter cups, and peanut butter for garnish as desired.
– Stir together graham crumbs and melted butter and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie plate.
– Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes, until it looks slightly dry. (This step is optional and just helps the crust to hold up better)
– In a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips, cream and peanut butter. Microwave on high in 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted.
– Pour into the bottom of the crust.
– In a medium saucepan, whisk together half and half, sugar, eggs and corn starch until smooth.
– Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened — this can take up to 10 or 15 minutes but don’t rush it.
– When filling has thickened, stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Stir in sliced bananas.
– Pour into crust over chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight until set.
– Top with sweetened whipped cream, sliced bananas, Reese’s peanut butter cups, and peanut butter drizzle as desired. (To drizzle peanut butter, simply heat in the microwave until it can be poured, then use a spoon to drizzle over).