ONE SKILLET SAVORY BEEF TIPS AND GRAVY
This mouthwatering One Skillet Savory Beef Tips and Gravy combines beef tenderloin, mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a rich creamy gravy that is lightly seasoned.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb beef tenderloin or good quality beef steak ( I use petite shoulder) cut in bite-size strips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup good quality red wine
- 1 (14 ounces) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup flour (I like to use Wondra flour)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When melted toss in mushrooms and cook until light golden brown; approximately 8 minutes. Add onions and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to soften and mushrooms turn golden brown. Reduce heat to low and add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Remove from pan and plate.
In a large Ziploc bag add flour, steak bites, salt, and pepper. Shake to coat. Add olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook just until browned. Remove to plate.