- 1 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 5-6 green tomatoes sliced into 12 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the almond flour and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Dip one of the 1/2 inch thick slices of green tomato (you’ll need about 12 total slices–dip them one at a time) in the beaten eggs, coating both sides. Next, dip the tomato slice in the almond flour mixture, coating both sides well. Place the breaded green tomato on the greased cookie sheet, then repeat the process with the remaining slices of tomato.
- Bake the tomatoes at 350F for 20 minutes, then flip each tomato before returning them to the oven to bake for a final 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce. Serve the oven-fried green tomatoes warm with the spicy ranch dressing for dipping.