These delicious pan-seared rib-eye steaks are butter-based and will remind you of the ones at your favorite restaurant. They are the best and this recipe is very easy to make at home, let’s get to it!
- 2 bone-in rib-eye steaks
- MONTREAL SEASONING (COPYCAT)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dill seeds
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- pinch of kosher salt
- For steaks: In a bowl combine kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, and dill seeds.
- Using the side of a knife, smash the garlic cloves to remove the skins and chop well.
- Using a citrus zester, remove about half of the zest from an orange . Place this in the bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Gently massage the seasoning on both sides of each steak and allow the meat to marinate for at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile, turn on the grill to 450 ° F for a great sear.
- Remove the seasoned steaks to the hot grill, cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side a little frequent, longer if desired (this is for 1 inch or thicker). Remove fillets and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with herb compound butter and serve.
FOR COMPOUND BUTTER:
- Allow butter to come to room temperature and place in a bowl.
- Using the side of a knife, smash the garlic cloves to remove the skins and chop finely.
- Chop the fresh herbs and mix with butter, garlic, and salt.
- With a spatula incorporate all ingredients and fold onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll the butter mixture into a cylindrical shape working with the waxed paper. Crimp edges and refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator, unroll and cut into pieces to top each steak.
- Roll in and refrigerate the remaining compound butter.
- Choose a bone well covered with fat, 3/4 “thick rib steak.
- The zest from half of an average size orange should be about 1 tablespoon. Be careful not to get any of the white pith. We want only the zest of the peel and its essential oil.
- Fresh cilantro, basil, and other herbs can also be used, it depends on your tastes. experiment!