Romano Chicken with Lemon Garlic Pasta – crispy parmesan panko breaded chicken with pasta in fresh lemon garlic cream sauce! Tasty meal in 30 minutes time!
- ROMANO CHICKEN:
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts, butterflied or thinly cut into cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- dry parsley
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, homemade or store-bought
- oil for frying – I used combination of olive oil and sunflower oil
- LEMON GARLIC PASTA:
- 1/2 lb linguine or spaghetti or other pasta
- juice from 1 lemon, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- zest from 1/4 lemon
- 2 Tbsp butter, cold
- 2-3 Tbsp whipping cream, or to taste
- salt, pepper
- CHICKEN ROMANO: Place parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. In another dish, put beaten egg with dry parsley; in third dish put panko bread crumbs.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper; dredge with parmesan cheese, dip into beaten egg; press the chicken in panko bread crumbs to coat on both sides; shake off the excess.
- Heat olive oil in a pan; add chicken cutlets and cook on low heat until golden and cooked through.
- LEMON GARLIC PASTA: Cook pasta according to package direction; drain (reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water).
- Add lemon juice to a pan; add garlic, lemon zest, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until liquid is reduced to about half.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter and slowly melt into your sauce, while swirling the pan; add another 1 Tbsp butter and repeat; stir in whipping cream and about 2 Tbsp pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Serve romano chicken over lemon garlic pasta.