It’s an easy twist on traditional sloppy joes that’s flavorful and delicious!
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Add the diced onion and bell pepper and let sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and garlic salt. Add the tomato sauce and ketchup and stir until well combined. Let mixture simmer over low heat while you prepare the topping.
Please continue to Next Page (>) for the full cooking instructions.