- 8 slices thick-cut bread
- salted butter room temperature
- ½ tsp Italian seasonings
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese grated
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese grated (I used Cabot’s Seriously Sharp Cheddar)
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese grated (I used Cabot’s Monterey Jack)
- 12 oz. smoked beef brisket, chopped (see note) ~2 cups
- 4 Tbsp barbecue sauce
- Preheat large griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread. Sprinkle Italian seasonings and garlic powder on top. Place one slice of bread buttered-side down. Layer grated cheeses, beef brisket and barbecue sauce on top of bread. Top with another slice of bread buttered-side out.
- Place sandwiches onto griddle. Cook on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until bottom slice of bread is golden brown.
- Flip and continue cooking until other side is golden brown and cheese has completely melted.
Note: If you don’t want to smoke your own brisket, just grab some from a local BBQ restaurant.