Simply the best! Buttery, never dry, with plenty of walnuts for a scrumptious melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookie (also known as Russian Teacakes or Mexican Wedding Cookies). Everyone will LOVE these classic Christmas cookies!
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226 g) unsalted butter, softened slightly
- 5 tablespoons (63 g) granulated cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1.2 g) fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups (240 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (about 240 g) finely chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups (about 188 g) confectioners’ sugar, for dusting cookies twice
Using an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or handheld electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in the vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour or gluten free flour blend (see Recipe Notes); beating after each addition. Stir in the nuts; mix until fully incorporated. Divide dough in half and refrigerate in plastic food wrap for approximately 45 minutes.
For The Full Recipe & List Of Ingredients Please Go To Next Page (>)