What do you need :
°Corn flour: two cups
°Flour: half a cup
°Salt to taste
°Pepper to taste
°Sweet pepper: one teaspoon
°Cayenne pepper: one tablespoon
°Garlic powder: one tablespoon
°Onion powder: one tablespoon
°Lobster tails: four pounds (cleaned in the shell)
°Oil: 2 pieces * for frying
- Let’s do it:
- To start the recipe, you will need to combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a gallon-size zip bag and shake well.
- Next, you need to clean the tails of the lobsters keeping the tail in the shell and then set it aside.
- Then you will get a deep fryer or a large deep fryer such as a cast iron skillet and heat it in vegetable oil (the oil should reach 365 degrees).
- Make sure you put half of the lobsters’ tails in the bag. Remember to always shake the bottle well until the tail is completely covered. Well, go ahead and remove the tails, put them on a rack over a tray to catch any drips and keep the work area clean. And yes, go ahead and repeat with the remaining tails.
- Finally, fry the lobster tails one by one in the oil until they turn light brown, this takes about 4 minutes. And please let the fried tails dry on paper towels.