1 canister refrigerated pizza crust
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 lb. Zaycon Fresh 93 / 7 Super Lean Ground Beef
3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 cup Fiesta Blend shredded cheese, divided
1 tomato, diced, plus additional for top, if desired
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
Sour cream and taco sauce for serving, if desired
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until soft, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the Zaycon Fresh 93 / 7 Super Lean Ground Beef and cook until brown.
Add the Homemade Taco Seasoning and water and mix until well incorporated.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the piece of parchment to your work surface.
- Place the pizza dough on the parchment and roll it so that it measures 10 X 15 – inches.
- With a pizza cutter, make slices 1 1/2 – inches thick and 3 – inches in along both long sides of the dough.
- Place the ground beef down the center of the dough.
- Cover the beef with 3/4 cup of cheese and then add the diced tomato.
- Beginning at one end of the braid, fold the end up and wrap the first two slices over to secure it.
- Repeat the wrapping with the remaining slices just until the last two.
- Source : allrecipes.Com