Triple Crust Peach Cobbler
Simple and easy ! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
I love those recipes that we all grew up with, they are just too good to miss out on.
To the eye, like that, the cobbler looks like a crumble. It is the same as a dessert with the fruit on the bottom and the dough on top. The difference lies in the composition of the dough which contains yeast and which swells when cooked. It’s more like cookie dough. This recipe is taken from Jamie Oliver’s book America of Jamie.
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 c. cornstarch
- 6 cups peeled peaches cut into 12 wedges
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 c. grated fresh ginger
- 1 ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 c. baking powder
- ¼ c. baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Put the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat oven at 190 ° C.
- In an 8 inch (20-cm) square or soufflé dish of about 2 liters (8 cups), combine the sugar and cornstarch. Add the fruit, ginger and mix well with a spatula. Put mold on baking sheet. Reserve.
- In a feed processor, blend flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda also salt. Join butter & mixing until it is the size of pease . Add the buttermilk and mix until the dough is crumbly.
- Spread the dough over the fruit with your hands and bake for about 1 hour Serving warm or coled. If wanted, serving with a scooping of vanilla ice cream.