Hubba hubba, we gotta tell you… turmeric honey is seriously the bee’s knees! You can use fresh or ground turmeric to make this ultra flavorful and antioxidant boosing turmeric honey! This is a great natural cough remedy and anti-inflammatory!
- 1/4 cup honey, preferrably local, raw, unpastuerized honey
- 1–2” fresh turmeric root OR 1-2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- pinch of black pepper
- If using fresh turmeric, use a spoon to peel the papery skin. Scrape the side of a spoon across the turmeric in a back and forth motion and the skin will peel away. Use a microplane of fine grater to shred the fresh turmeric.
- If using ground turmeric, measure 1-2 teaspoons.
- Stir turmeric into 1/4 cup honey and add a pinch of black pepper- this helps our bodies absorb the active compound called curcumin from the turmeric!
- Store in the fridge for 1-3 weeks. Fresh turmeric honey won’t last as long as ground turmeric honey.
** If using ground turmeric, you should be able to keep this at room temperature. Using fresh turmeric to make this honey will require you to store in the fridge.
** To make a turmeric honey shot: Add 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar or lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon turmeric honey to a glass. Stir to combine and cheers to good health!
** See full post for additional uses and benefits of turmeric honey.