150 g of caster sugar
400 g of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
100 g melted butter
10 cl of oil
2 packets of baking powder (14 g)
8 cl of water
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
60 g crushed toasted almonds
For the decoration:
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- In a bowl, beat the caster sugar and eggs until the mixture whitens and doubles in volume.
2. Add the melted butter, oil, flour sifted with salt and yeast.
3. Mix to obtain a homogeneous dough, incorporate the water and divide it in two equal parts.
4. Mix one part of the dough with the vanilla sugar and the second part with the crushed almonds and cocoa powder.
5. Place both doughs in pastry bags.
6. In a buttered and floured mold, poach the two doughs, alternating the two colors.
7. Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Let the cake cool, remove from the mold and sprinkle with powdered sugar.