This is a lazy way of preparing Polish sorrel soup, using ready chopped sorrel from the jar rather than fresh one. On the positive note, this way it can be enjoyed all year around, not only in Summer.
- 1 large carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 225 g fresh sorrel leaves (washed, stemmed and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 2 hard-cooked eggs cut into quarters
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, place 6 cups cold water, carrots and parsley. Bring to a boil and add bay leaf, potatoes and bouillon cube. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.